We are looking for Sr. APEX Developer at Topeka, KS. Who can work independently and serve as senior technical consultant to other team members to support business applications will be preferred.
Job Title: Sr. APEX Developer
Location: Topeka, KS (Remote)
Brief Description of Job Duties:
This position will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the developed APEX applications. This position will also participate in development and design for new or modified application software.
- Work with help desk to maintain current applications.
- Work with users to develop enhancements and new applications.
- Define, plan and lead projects.
- Work independently and serve as senior technical consultant to other team members to support business applications.
- Perform technical work consistent with the agency’s strategic IT direction.
- Working closely with agency staff on identifying project resources (staff, equipment) and coordinating involvement by managers, stakeholders and users.
- Produce or document system additions or changes which meet project objectives and quality standards.
- Apply assigned resources to complete IT projects within schedule; produce required management reports and make project presentations.
- Develop requirements and specifications to meet project objectives and quality standards.
- Specify methodologies (formal processes) or develop plans to assure quality results from IT processes and the organization’s information systems.
- Conduct or document quality reviews to monitor compliance with quality assurance plans.
- Conduct or document quality assurance processes for specific applications or projects.
- Work is reviewed by the Applications Supervisor for completeness, efficiency and accuracy prior to implementation in production.
- Define, document requirements and develop multiple complex systems.
- Develop a design for new or modified application software which conforms to system architecture and technical direction; validate with users and stakeholders; develop functional prototypes.
- Design or implement data structures and data manipulation processes to support application software designs, programs, testing and user instruction.
- Acquire or write custom program code (with documentation) for business applications which, meets objectives of: design, cost and schedule; user and stakeholder requirements; and quality standards.
- Creates and updates user interfaces to allow logical, simplified data entry and reporting capabilities.
- Integrates third-party products such as development tools (specifically Oracle Application Express), documentation tools, query tools, application managers, communication managers, and security managers with developed software as necessary to meet system design objectives.
- Modify or document changes to existing program code and data structures to correct errors or change business functionality.
- Design, perform, or document unit and integration tests of new or modified program code and user procedures; coordinate involvement of users and stakeholders.
- Work is reviewed by the Applications Supervisor for completeness, efficiency and accuracy at the beginning of new projects and periodically during the development and when a project is completed.
- Coordinate and/or conduct training of system users and organization management; publicize availability of scheduled training events and/or personal training assistance.
- Receive and/or document Users requests for information, requests for assistance, or suggestions for system improvement.
- Assist users resolve their problem or perform needed action at the time of contact, whenever possible; otherwise, direct action by appropriate IT support personnel to resolve problems or train users.
- Advise business personnel on current of potential information system capabilities which could solve business problems or enhance business operations.
- Track user queries, responses and problem resolutions; report incidents which are not cleared within target response times; identify and/or report trends in user queries, requests and problem reports.
- Work is reviewed by the Applications Supervisor for completeness, efficiency and accuracy prior to training events or scheduled meetings.
- Store, retain, archive, restore and/or dispose of data in accordance with user needs for access and organization requirements for managing electronic records; periodically test the recovery of data from backups.
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to ensuring the agency is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and/or acts of terrorism. Assists other employees in the work unit in accomplishing assignments as necessary.
- Application Express for Oracle (APEX), PL/SQL, SQL, HTML, XML
- Ability to work with users and business analysts to create technical specifications for new development and documentation for existing applications.
Knowledge and ability to utilize the current version of the following products:
APEX, TOAD, Oracle
- Three years’ experience coding, testing, and debugging APEX applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and two years’ experience in information systems and analysis with APEX.
- Three years’ experience in information systems and analysis with APEX. Additional experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency.