Java Developer with Scala / Hadoop exp
Financial/Banking Industry Experience is mandatory and Need who are flexible for F2F Interview, Local or Nearby Located Candidates only.
Role: Java Developer with Scala / Hadoop exp.
Location: NYC (Locals Required & F2F interview is must)
Type: C2C, C2H/FTE
Visa’s: H1B, H4 EADs, Green Card, Citizens
This role is an day one onsite role with Hybrid model
Experience required 8+ years
The position is for a hands-on role and the candidate will be responsible for analyzing user specifications and requirements and providing assistance in onboarding alerts for the platform, perform testing and debugging applications if there is any issue. The candidate is also required to own the release management activities, which include, coordination of release activities within/across teams, prepare release runbook , release notes and automated deployment manifests and work closely/assist with Deploys and Support folks to get the change rolled over to Production with no incident. Also
The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable and excellent team player. The candidate should expect to work in a global virtual team along with NY and India team members, sometimes across multiple time zones. The candidate may be assigned to more than one role or project at a time.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- 8+ years of professional experience in building applications in Java/Scala (Functional Programming), Spring, basic HTML, Apache Velocity template scripting and other open source technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in database access layer frameworks like Slick/Mybatis etc.
- 5+ years of experience in CI/CD tools and build tools like Gradle, managing code repositories with Git.
- 3+ years of experience in creating and consuming RESTful services.
- 2+ years exposure to work in Unix/Linux environments.
- Should also possess database skills (preferably DB2) to design new or alter existing table structures to satisfy specifications and requirements.
- 2+ years of experience working in test-drive development & continuous integration model.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Release Management and application support skills.
- Exposure to performance tuning of Apache Spark application.
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (Cucumber).
- Working experience with Agile methodologies would be useful.
Note:- (Not all post on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this post automatically from the poster and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.